My wife has started a running regimen called "Couch to 5k" or "C25K". She was/is in need of some 30 minute mixes to carry her through which also give her audio cues at different stages of the workout. I thought some other people might find these useful, or at least entertaining. Full disclosure, the track selection was made with my wife's taste in mind, so ---- listener beware.
UPDATE: If you are looking for all nine weeks of sweet C25K mixes that have been "QC'd & Ok'd" by SeattleDenmom head over to its own page. Thanks.
WEEK ONE: Track Listing
- There's No Other Way - BLUR
- Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliott
- Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win [Major Lazer Edition] - Santigold, Beastie Boys
- Body Moving [Fatboy Slim Edition] - Beastie Boys
- Groove Is in the Heart - Deee-Lite
- Sweet Emotion - Aeorsmith
- Cosmic supernatural - Kid Loco
- 5 minute walk, <gong>
- 60 seconds run, <ding>, 90 seconds walk, <ding>... continue alternating for 20 minutes.
- <hooray/cheers> 5 minute walk.
You can download the mixes with or without the sound cues. The image above has been designed to work as album art if you so choose to use it.
NOTE: This mix clocks in at 29 and a half minutes. So there will be about 30 seconds of silence before the last chime signaling the end of your workout.